- Tax advice
- Tax Guides
Revenue audits and enquiries
A visit from a Revenue official can be stressful. Our job is to minimise that stress and ensure that Revenue queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently so you can get on with running your business.
Where there have been irregularities, we will calculate tax, interest and penalties and negotiate a settlement with Revenue on your behalf.
Recent work we have completed:
- In a case involving undeclared income of €500k over 10 years, we filed amended returns and agreed a settlement figure for tax, interest and penalties of €170k.
- Dealing with Revenue audit of a club and agreeing settlement of €75k (when Revenue initially claimed €250k).
- Dealing with Revenue audit of an entertainment venue and using VAT capital goods scheme to mimimise clawback of €500k VAT claimed on acquisition of property.
- Dealing with Revenue audit of a manufacturer, and agreeing settlement of €60k (when Revenue claimed €120k).
- Dealing with Revenue audit of property landlord, and agreeing settlement of NIL (when Revenue claimed €120k).