Residence and domicile planning
We advise Irish clients on how to become non-resident for tax purposes.
Recent work includes:
- Advising a client on the tax aspects of moving to Switzerland.
- Advising a client who has moved to Abu Dhabi on a four year contract.
- Advising a client who is relocating to the UK for two years.
- Advising Irish-domiciled clients how to use their Irish domicile status to avoid UK tax.
- Advising a UK client who is relocating to Ireland – the mismatch between the Irish and UK tax years allowed 9 months’ income to fall out of assessment.
- Advising an English client on how to use his non-Irish domicile status to save tax once he has relocated to Ireland.