Here are some of the ways we have recently assisted clients:
- Creation of personal holding company (PHC) to avoid/defer CGT on share disposals.
- Claiming rollover relief where compensation received from local authority.
- Putting successful case to Revenue that disposal of principal private residence did not contain development value resulting in a savings of €0.5m for the client.
- Profit extraction from company through use of retirement relief and share buyback.
- Treatment of sale of part of a company’s business as subject to CT (12.5%) instead of 25%, with availability of CT losses resulting in no tax.