We advise on how to tax-efficiently pass assets to your family members.
We work with our clients’ legal advisors to assist on will drafting, creation of trusts and legal documents to give effect to personal estate planning and business succession planning.
We advise beneficiaries on inheritance tax to include claiming various reliefs and filing CAT returns.
We advise on complex estates and valuation dates.
Recent cases we have handled:
- Ensuring client meets the farmer test to qualify for agricultural relief.
- Advising beneficiaries on claiming dwellinghouse relief where an absolute interest had not been taken in the dwelling.
- Passing of a landed estate to the eldest son of the disponer, and claiming agricultural relief, business relief and residence relief on separate assets.
- Claiming business relief on the passing of a farm where the farmer test was failed.
- Creation of discretionary trust to avoid 33% tax charge.
- Passing €220k tax-free to the disponer’s brother.