AITI Chartered Tax Adviser

How is income from foreign property taxed?

Income you receive from foreign property is liable to income tax under Schedule D Case III. Foreign property includes foreign investments, foreign annuities, land and buildings located abroad, a foreign employment or pension. If you are non-Irish domiciled, you are liable to Irish tax on such income only to the extent to which you remit it into Ireland or the UK. In any other case, if you are Irish resident or ordinarily resident, you are liable to Irish income tax on the income arising in the tax year.